January 17-21, 2018
Briar Patch Inn ~ Sedona, AZ
We don’t get a chance to do that many things,
and every one should be really excellent.
Because this is our life.
~ Steve Jobs
What is it that you want to do with your precious life?
If it is to support, guide, inspire and empower women, then it is a sacred calling. And it started when you heard the call and courageously stepped onto this facilitation journey with us.
And for that the world is a better place.
It has always been our goal to create a Master Facilitator Training program, one that gives you advanced skills and distinguishes you as having achieved an even higher level of training and competence. And with that, enhanced confidence.
For the first time we are offering a Master Facilitator Training designed for women who have already completed the 6 ½ months of rigorous facilitator training and are now ready to move onto a higher level of competence.
Women who have completed both the Facilitator Training and the Master Facilitator Training programs will have the opportunity to become a member of the elite Sedona Women’s Institute faculty. They will be considered for this position once they have completed both trainings and a Sedona Women’s Institute staff has attended one of their programs. (Call us at 928-254-1897 for more information.)
Using founder/director Karen Ely’s 30 years in non-profit management (primarily working with women and girls) and 14 years of facilitating hundreds of programs for thousands of women in ten states, six countries and four continents, we have created the next level of facilitation training that we believe will elevate you and your work to a rare level of excellence.
THE MASTER FACILITATOR TRAINING will provide you with the rare opportunity to go deeper and farther in your mastery of facilitation skills. During our three day training, you will gain:
1. THE SKILLS to move beyond the realm of facilitator into an elite community of Master Facilitator.
2. THE CREDENTIALS to move you into a unique position in a market where there are very few truly qualified facilitators.
3. THE CONFIDENCE to know that you have the ability to turn your programs into powerful transformational experiences.
4. THE ASSURANCE to empower the women in your programs by mastering the skill of creating and holding a safe space, in even the most challenging circumstances.
5. THE KNOWLEDGE to create an experience that moves the women in your programs from their left brain to their right brain thinking and then into their heart in a way that allows them to fully integrate the experience.
6. THE COMPETENCE that will enable you to transcend your programs, assisting you in all areas of your life: with family, friends & co-workers; with challenging life situations; with creating a mindful, conscious, joyful life.
If this touches you in a way that says YES,
then please join us for this unique training experience.
THE ONLY REQUIREMENTS for participating in the Master Facilitator Training is to have completed the Facilitator Training Program and to have the passion and commitment to support, guide and empower women.
THE MASTER FACILITATOR TRAINING WILL INCLUDE training and hands-on experience in the six major competencies of a Master Facilitator:
• Presence: Quickly establishing your competence, compassion and warmth
• Safety: Clearly creating and maintaining a safe and nourishing environment
• Assessment: Learning to quickly assess the needs and concerns of your participants
• Process: Creating a powerful step-by-step agenda effectively utilizing Why, What, How, What if
• Engagement: Using varied experiences and exercises to fully engage your participants
• Consistency: Using best practices for openings, focusing, breaking and closing programs
KAREN ELY is a speaker, facilitator, mentor and author who inspires audiences of women of all ages, incomes and backgrounds to live to their full potential. She is the founder and director of the Sedona Women’s Institute (originally A Woman’s Way), one of the country’s premier women’s programs, which has offered hundreds of programs and touched thousands of women all over the world since its inception in 2003. Karen is also the author of five well-received books, including: Daring to Dream: Reflections on the Year I Found Myself, A Retreat of My Own, Breathing Space: Mini-Retreats for the Heart & Soul, 21 Days of Gratitude and 21 Stepping Stones to a More Peaceful, Meaningful Life. A Safe Place to Stand will be published in 2018.
Karen’s commitment to issues affecting women has been a lifelong passion. It has led her through a vibrant 30-year nonprofit career—from domestic violence and sexual assault to drug prevention and welfare-to-work—that has assisted tens of thousands of women through difficult life transitions. Karen is an experienced facilitator with a commitment to assisting women in creating and living authentic lives of passion and joy.
ALLISON DEHART is passionate about living a life of exploration and discovery. She was introduced to a contemplative path through the work of Quaker author and activist Parker J. Palmer. She is trained as a Circle of Trust™ facilitator through his non-profit, The Center for Courage and Renewal, and is delighted to be able to share the powerful gift of being “alone together” with others. She has held leadership roles in both for-profit and not-for-profit settings, including serving as the Director of Partners in Hope in her hometown of Troy, Ohio where she worked to build an empowering and economically diverse community in support of under-resourced families. Allison is a certified teacher of the Enneagram in the Narrative Tradition and she is currently pursuing a degree in Contemplative Religion at Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado.
SYLVIA SOMERVILLE is a writer, editor, meditator, Buddhist practitioner, and student success Coach. Most of her 40-year career has involved the written word, but her personal spiritual journey has taken her on numerous retreats to find the purpose and meaning of her life. Along the way, she has developed the ability to learn from life’s changes and losses. Sylvia is passionate about helping others develop their full potential through deep listening, compassionate communication, and other tools she herself has used and also shared with students at the University of Northern Arizona, where she has worked most recently.
APRIL ELY has worked as a psychotherapist for over 15 years, providing individual, family and group counseling for children and adults in schools, outpatient clinics, and domestic violence shelters. Her commitment to helping her clients lead full and healthy lives led her to the study of Mindfulness, a practice and way of living that helps individuals to live more fully present in their own lives. Wanting to learn more about incorporating Mindfulness in her work with children, in 2011 April completed a teacher training course in “Mindfulness and Yoga for Children.” Since that time, she has created Mindfulness curriculums to be utilized in the schools to help empower children to calm their minds and open their hearts, as well as, incorporating those same powerful tools into her work with individuals and families within her private practice. April has staffed many Sedona Women’s Institute programs and co-facilitated a mother-daughter retreat in 2012. April is committed to supporting women, children and families to live more full and joyful lives.
PROGRAM FEE: $695 (after October 9th, the fee will be $825)
The program fee includes:
~ Opening reception on the evening of January 17th
~ 3 full days of experiential learning and practice under the leadership of our founder/director and with the support of experienced trainers and facilitators
~ A Circle of Trust experience with a Parker Palmer trained facilitator
~ A special opportunity to spend an evening with spiritual writer, poet, philosopher and healing arts teacher Mark Nepo*
~ Graduation ceremony on the morning of January 21.
~ All breakfasts and lunches from breakfast on January 18th through breakfast on January 21.
~ The opportunity to do your part to change the world . . . one woman at a time!
~ Lodging is not included in the program fee however there is affordable lodging available for five women in the program cabin on a first-come first-served basis. Private rooms are $400 for the four nights, the semi-private room is $250/person for the four nights. Call us at 928-254-1897 to reserve your space. You will need to pay the entire four night fee (non-refundable) at the time of reservation. If you prefer something more private, there are also a variety of cabins available at the Briar Patch Inn. You can make your reservations through their website, www.briarpatchinn.com or by calling them at 928-292-2342. OR you can choose another lodging choice in town as well.
~ NOTE: $300 of your program fee is non-refundable. After November 15th there are no refunds.
CLICK HERE to register for the Master Facilitator Training:
* ABOUT MARK NEPO: Mark moved and inspired readers and seekers all over the world with his #1 New York Times bestseller The Book of Awakening. Beloved as a poet, teacher, and storyteller, Mark has been called “one of the finest spiritual guides of our time,” “a consummate storyteller,” and “an eloquent spiritual teacher.” His work is widely accessible and used by many and his books have been translated into more than twenty languages. A bestselling author, he has published eighteen books and recorded thirteen audio projects. In 2015, he was given a Life-Achievement Award by AgeNation. And in 2016, he was named by Watkins: Mind Body Spirit as one of the 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People, and was also chosen as one of OWN’s SuperSoul 100, a group of inspired leaders using their gifts and voices to elevate humanity.