Castle Valley, UT
May 20 ~ 25, 2019
A weird, lovely, fantastic object out of nature like Delicate Arch has the curious ability
to remind us—like rock and sunlight and wind and wilderness—that out there
is a different world, older and greater and deeper by far than ours.
~ Edward Abbey
Join us for a thrilling, awe-inspiring, life-enhancing retreat of self-discovery ensconced in some of the most dramatic, iconic landscapes in the Southwest.
We’ll connect in Grand Junction, Colorado for an evening reception on May 20th and be transported the following morning through spectacular southern Utah, following the Colorado River into breathtaking Castle Valley, one of the most beautiful drives in the country.
Red Cliffs Lodge, secluded along the Colorado River with a backdrop of soaring red rock cliffs and azure blue skies, will be our home for four delightful days of introspection, adventure, joyful experiences and sisterhood. We will be housed in two bedroom cottages along the Colorado River, each with a living room, kitchen and private deck with stunning views of the river and her canyons.
Our days will include the perfect mix of wandering around our beautiful new home; enjoying Moab’s unique combination of small resort town hospitality, beautiful scenery and the cool waters of the Colorado River; enjoying extraordinary excursions into the scenic beauty of the area, and gathering daily in circle for an inner journey.
• Arches National Park ~ a landscape of contrasting colors, landforms and textures unlike any other in the world.
• Canyonlands National Park, a landscape of countless canyons and fantastically formed buttes carved by the Colorado River and its tributaries. While we are in Canyonlands, we will also visit the overlook where the final scene of Thelma and Louise was filmed.
• Rafting through the beautiful Castle Valley canyons of the Colorado River with a scenic stop for lunch. No need to worry about frightening rapids, however; our trip will be a float trip with plenty of time to soak in the scenery and snap hundreds of photos (and enough light rapids to cool us down).
• Wine tasting at Castle Winery.
KAREN ELY is a speaker, facilitator, mentor and author who inspires audiences of women of all ages, incomes and backgrounds to live to their full potential. She is the founder and director of the Sedona Women’s Institute (originally A Woman’s Way), one of the country’s premier women’s retreat programs, which has offered hundreds of programs and touched thousands of women all over the world since its inception in 2003. Karen is also the author of five well-received books, including: Daring to Dream: Reflections on the Year I Found Myself, A Retreat of My Own, Breathing Space: Mini-Retreats for the Heart & Soul and 21 Stepping Stones to a More Peaceful, Meaningful Life. A Safe Place to Stand will be published in 2019. Karen has a lifetime of retreat facilitation experience and a deep commitment to assisting women in creating and living authentic lives of passion and joy. For more information on Karen and her work, please click here.
BETH BRYCE is an award-winning Career Strategist & Transformation Coach, writer, and founder of Daring Circle Ranch, successfully coaching hundreds of women through career and life transitions. Beth is a retreat facilitator through Sedona Women’s Institute, Mastermind facilitator and a member of the (ICF) International Coach Federation. She’s passionate about helping others create their own Life Revolution – an authentic life, filled with passion and joy beyond their wildest imagination! In 2012, Beth embarked upon her own “Eat, Pray, Love” journey traveling throughout the United States searching for the strength to finally begin living her dreams. Beth ultimately wrote about her life revolution as a featured co-author of Women on Fire: Volume 2 (2014). Her chapter is titled, “I’m Marrying Me.” For more information on Beth, please click here.
*RETREAT FEE: $2,175 (for From Sea to Shining Sea members)
*RETREAT FEE: $2,495 (if you just wish to register for this retreat)
Retreat fee includes:
• Opening reception in Grand Junction, CO on May 20th
• Transportation from Grand Junction to Red Cliff’s Lodge on May 21st and returned to Grand Junction on May 25th.
• 4 nights lodging at Red Cliffs Lodge from the morning of May 21th through the morning of May 25th
• Facilitated retreat from May 21st ~ May 24th
• All excursions (including park fees)
• All breakfasts and lunches from lunch on May 21st through breakfast on May 25th
• Celebration dinner on May 24th
Not included in the retreat fee:
• Flight to Grand Junction, CO
• Grand Junction hotel (details we be sent in February 2019)
• Dinners (except our final dinner on 5/24)
~ $1000 is due at time of registration ($500 of this is non-refundable)
~ The remaining $1,175 (for members) or $1,495 (for non-members) is due no later than February 15, 2019 (after this date, there are no refunds).
This retreat is part of From Sea to Shining Sea National Park retreat series (Acadia, Arches, Grand Tetons, Yosemite & Denali National Parks). You can register for this retreat in two ways:
- Register for From Sea to Shining Sea, which will hold your space (only 10 spaces available) for all five adventure retreats at a reduced fee. You can then attend one, two, three, four or all five retreats. Like this retreat, each adventure retreat will require an additional fee to cover lodging, meals, and excursions. The details of each of the individual adventure retreats and its cost will be provided at least one year prior to the dates of that retreat.
- OR you can register for this retreat and pay the full retreat fee.
To register and pay the $1000 deposit, please click below:
To register and pay the entire $2,175 fee (for members), please click below:
To register and pay the entire $2,495 fee (for non-members), please click below: