Creating and Living a Life of Meaning & Purpose
A Retreat with Karen Ely
March 31 – April 4, 2017
Let this be the year you release your fears
about what you can achieve.
Know for sure what you want and
be willing to give yourself what you need to get it.
~ Oprah Winfrey
Make 2017 YOUR year . . . the year you give yourself the ultimate gift . . . the gift of you!
If you’ve been yearning for a life that is more vibrant, more authentic and more meaningful, then join us for four days of serenity, joy, rejuvenation and self-discovery in spectacular Sedona, Arizona. Nestled in Oak Creek Canyon, surrounded by Sedona’s majestic Red Rocks, with the whispering sounds of Oak Creek as a backdrop, you will join a community of like-minded women for a magical, life-enhancing retreat experience.
Enjoy the unique opportunity of stepping back from your day-to-day busyness and returning to the simplicity and charm of a beautiful inn lodged a quiet distance outside of Sedona, a town renowned as a center for personal and spiritual transformation.
The focus of the retreat will be on accessing and living from your authentic self. From the moment you arrive at the retreat on Friday evening until you pack to leave the following Tuesday morning, experienced facilitator Karen Ely will lead you on an exploration to uncover and recognize the person you were born to be.
You will walk quietly in nature, sit joyfully in circle, journal, meditate, and work experientially in small and large groups. Over the course of the four days, you will be nurtured, supported and guided ~ learning to “see” with new eyes and finding the tools needed to move powerfully back into your life with a deeper sense of joy and an enlivened sense of being.
The retreat will include:
• 4 days in a sacred circle with a community of like-minded women
• Hiking and a picnic lunch on one of Sedona’s famed trails (easy terrain)
• Self-compassion yoga (no experience needed)
• Evening meditation at the Sedona Peace Park
• Nourishing meals and delightful lodging
RETREAT FACILITATOR KAREN ELY
Karen is a speaker, facilitator, mentor and author who inspires audiences of women of all ages, incomes and backgrounds to live to their full potential. She is the founder and director of the Sedona Women’s Institute (originally A Woman’s Way), one of the country’s premier women’s programs, which has offered hundreds of programs and touched thousands of women’s lives all over the world since its inception in 2003. Karen is also the author of five well-received books, including: Daring to Dream: Reflections on the Year I Found Myself, A Retreat of My Own, Breathing Space: Mini-Retreats for the Heart & Soul, 21 Days of Gratitude and 21 Stepping Stones to a More Peaceful, Meaningful Life. A Safe Place to Stand will be published in 2017.
Karen’s commitment to issues affecting women has been a lifelong passion. It has led her through a vibrant 30-year nonprofit career—from domestic violence and sexual assault to drug prevention and welfare-to-work—that has assisted tens of thousands of women through difficult life transitions. Karen is an experienced facilitator with a commitment to assisting women in creating and living authentic lives of passion and joy.
The retreat will be held at the beautiful Briar Patch Inn, nestled in Oak Creek Canyon, just a few moments north of Sedona along the lush banks of Oak Creek. Located at the base of the surrounding red rock mountains, the spring fed waters of Oak Creek create a healing, magical oasis—a quiet blending of beauty, serenity, majestic canyon oaks, dappled sunlight, squirrels, sheep, and a caring staff. For more information, visit www.briarpatchinn.com.
RETREAT ~ $1,275
The retreat fee includes ~
• Facilitated retreat opening at 4:00 pm on Friday, March 31st and concluding at noon on Tuesday, April 4th.
• All meals from Friday evening, March 31st through breakfast Tuesday, April 4th.
• Yoga session
• All outing costs
• The retreat price does not include lodging. There are, however, several private and double occupancy rooms available at a reasonable price in the retreat cabin on a first-come first-served basis. The double occupancy rooms are available for $325 (for four nights) and the private rooms are available for $425 (for four nights). You can reserve these rooms by calling us at 928-254-1897. The Briar Patch Inn also has a variety of other lodging options available on the property so please call them directly at 928-282-2341 to reserve private lodging. There is also a wide array of lodging options available in the Sedona area (call us at 928-254-1897 for info).
• $575 is due at time of registration ($300 of this is non-refundable)
• Remaining $700 is due no later than February 20th (after this date, there are no refunds).
CLICK BELOW to sign up and pay the $575 deposit:
CLICK BELOW to sign up and pay the entire $1275 fee: