Women’s Adventure Retreat
Flagstaff, AZ ~ Castle Valley, UT
September 16 – 22, 2018
Someone said “Get a Life” so they did!
All of the adventure . . . with a happy ending!
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
Then join us for a thrilling, awe-inspiring, life-enhancing Thelma & Louise road trip of self-discovery through some of the most dramatic, iconic landscapes in the west . . . sunglasses in place, top down on the Mustang, and a horizon that beacons you to step into a world of endless possibilities.
Are you ready?
We’ll connect in Flagstaff, Arizona for an evening reception, jump out of bed the following morning, load our Mustangs, and head into the gorgeous landscape of Thelma & Louise’s American Southwest: Across the Painted Desert, through Monument Valley, overlooking the Goosenecks of the Colorado River, into quaint Moab and through Castle Valley, one of the most beautiful drives in the country, to our home on the Colorado.
Red Cliffs Lodge, secluded along the Colorado River with a backdrop of soaring red rock cliffs and azure blue skies, will be our home for five delightful days of introspection, adventure, joyful experiences and sisterhood.
You will be ensconced in two-bedroom cabins nestled along the Colorado, each with a private deck and stunning views of the river and her canyons. Our days will include the perfect mix of wandering around our beautiful new home, gathering in circle and extraordinary excursions into the scenic beauty of the area.
EXCURSIONS (you’ll want your camera!):
• Arches National Park ~ a landscape of contrasting colors, landforms and textures unlike any other in the world.
• Canyonlands National Park, a landscape of countless canyons and fantastically formed buttes carved by the Colorado River and its tributaries. While we are in Canyonlands, we will also visit the overlook where the final scene of Thelma and Louise was filmed.
• Horseback ride and luncheon along spectacular trails made famous by John Wayne, each turn filled with awe-inspiring views of Caste Valley and the Colorado River.
• Rafting through the beautiful Castle Valley canyons of the Colorado River with a scenic stop for lunch. No need to worry about frightening rapids, however; our trip will be a float trip with plenty of time to soak in the scenery and snap hundreds of photos (and enough light rapids to cool us down).
• Wine tasting at Castle Winery.
You were hoping to get a life . . . and you did!
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
KAREN ELY is a speaker, facilitator, mentor and author who inspires audiences of women of all ages, incomes and backgrounds to live to their full potential. She is the founder and director of the Sedona Women’s Institute (originally A Woman’s Way), one of the country’s premier women’s retreat programs, which has offered hundreds of programs and touched thousands of women all over the world since its inception in 2003. Karen is also the author of five well-received books, including: Daring to Dream: Reflections on the Year I Found Myself, A Retreat of My Own, Breathing Space: Mini-Retreats for the Heart & Soul and 21 Stepping Stones to a More Peaceful, Meaningful Life. A Safe Place to Stand will be published in 2019. Karen has a lifetime of retreat facilitation experience and a deep commitment to assisting women in creating and living authentic lives of passion and joy. For more information on Karen and her work, please click here.
RETREAT FEE: $2575
Retreat fee includes:
• Opening reception in Flagstaff, AZ on September 16th.
• Transportation from Flagstaff, AZ to Castle Valley, UT (on September 17th) and return to Flagstaff (on September 22th).
• 5 nights lodging at Red Cliffs Lodge in beautiful Castle Valley from September 17th through September 21st.
• Facilitated retreat from September 17th through September 21st
• All excursions (including park fees).
• All breakfasts and lunches from breakfast on September 18th through breakfast on September 22th.
• Celebration dinner (and surprise) on September 21st
Not included in the retreat fee:
• Flights into and out of Flagstaff, AZ
• Flagstaff hotel
• Dinners (except our final dinner on 9/21)
TO REGISTER: Click on the button below to pay the $2,575 retreat fee (NOTE: after June 1st, 2018 there are no refunds)
To register and pay the $2,575 retreat fee, please click below: